Probably title of this post summaries it well, but there is some detail worth explanation. I was developing an Azure Function app which was basically integrating data between D365 CE and another system. The major functionality of this application was complete and tested. Two weeks back when I came back from leave I found application (which I was developing), can’t connect to CE now. I was using
Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling assembly with the following code but now it started returning null:
public static IOrganizationService GetOrganizationService(ref TraceWriter log)
IOrganizationService _orgService = null;
string connectionstring = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["connectionstring"].ToString();
CrmServiceClient conn = new Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.Connector.CrmServiceClient(connectionstring);
_orgService = (IOrganizationService)conn.OrganizationWebProxyClient != null ? (IOrganizationService)conn.OrganizationWebProxyClient : (IOrganizationService)conn.OrganizationServiceProxy;
CrmServiceClient has two very useful properties
LastCRMException which were showing this error message:
Unable to Login to Dynamics CRMOrganizationWebProxyClient is nullOrganizationServiceProxy is nullOrganizationServiceProxy is null
Tried looking for solutions and found the following suggestions:
- In connection string try Orgnaization unique name instead of friendly name
- May be assembly version is not compatible or code/ connection string should be written differently
- Use ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = SecurityProtocolType.Tls12; before connection
but none of these worked in my case. I contacted Microsoft support and they confirmed there was no such update or roll out that might have caused this but the good thing is they were still willing to help 🙂
I tried different types of applications, environments and versions but no luck.
In last while testing the following code the error was a little more meaningful:
IServiceManagement orgServiceManagement = ServiceConfigurationFactory.CreateManagement(new Uri("https://myCrmInstance.crm5.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc"));
AuthenticationCredentials authCredentials = new AuthenticationCredentials();
authCredentials.ClientCredentials.UserName.UserName = “firstname.lastname@example.org”;
authCredentials.ClientCredentials.UserName.Password = “*********”;
AuthenticationCredentials tokenCredentials = orgServiceManagement.Authenticate(authCredentials);
OrganizationServiceProxy organizationProxy = new OrganizationServiceProxy(orgServiceManagement, tokenCredentials.SecurityTokenResponse);
Entity contact = new Entity(“contact”);
contact.Attributes[“firstname”] = “Yawer”;
contact.Attributes[“lastname”] = “Iqbal”;
var contactId = organizationProxy.Create(contact);
“The security timestamp is invalid because its creation time (‘2019-04-01T12:30:45.790Z’) is in the future. Current time is ‘2019-04-01T12:24:29.185Z’ and allowed clock skew is ’00:05:00′.”
Getting hint about time I found time on my machine is 6 minutes behind. What caused this time change I still don’t know but since it was the difference of just 6 minutes I couldn’t notice this change. Corrected time and everything started working as it was. I thought to do a little experiment and moved clock 6 minutes ahead of current time but this time error was different:
An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party. See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail.
and inner exception:
An error occurred when verifying security for the message.
Hope this sharing will save someone’s time.
Please feel free to share this post, leave comments or suggestions if there are any. If you like to remain informed about future posts please follow me.
Enjoy this beautiful day of your 365 life 🙂
#D365 #D365CE #MSDynamics